Thursday, November 13

The Best Roast Ever!!!

Thrifty Jinxy




I heart yummy tasting, easy to make, reasonably priced dinner meals. Let me just tell you this is all 3...I promise!!! The recipe came from a co-worker of hubby's a few years back and we have been making it ever since. This roast will melt in your mouth with flavor and be Oh so tender!!

You will need the following ingredients:

*A Crock pot
*A Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Target brand is pictured...I paid just .52 for the can)
*A Bottom Round Roast (Make sure to purchase on sale...usually on sale I pay between $1.79-$1.99 a lb.) We make a 2.5 lb. one for our family...plus we eat leftovers the next day for lunch!
*1 Packet of Onion Soup Mix (I also use Target Brand...alot cheaper than brand name)

All you do is place the roast in the crock pot, then add the can of soup on top and the onion soup mix packet. Turn crock pot on Low Heat and let cook for about 6-7 hours. At the end of 6-7 hours the roast will fall apart and be full of so much flavor!! Not to worry, if you do not care for the taste of Cream of Mushroom soup....I promise you will not taste any mushroom flavor at all!!



I usually then serve with mashed potatoes and corn as sides. Or we have even just put the slow cooked roast on rolls and make sandwiches on a busy night. The soup and juice from the meat slow cooking all day make a nice gravy at the bottom of the roast..perfect to top off mashed potatoes, or on a sandwich!!

We dug into the roast so fats for dinner the other night that I forgot to take an after picture of what it looks like fully cooked. I apologize. It is just that good...LOL LOL

Let me know how you like it if you give it a try!!

Lots More Thrifty Thursday's posts here!!


5 comments:

Jinxy and Me said...

That sounds super easy! Thanks for mentioning about not tasting the cream of mushroom soup. I was wondering about that until I got to that part of your post because I HATE mushrooms. I will definitely keep my eyes open for a roast on sale now. Thanks!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

This looks really good! I may have to change my dinner one night this week because I don't know if I can wait until next week to try it! LOL!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, boy, now I know what I'm making next time I buy a roast! That looks good and easy, too!

Cori Westphal said...

This works really good for pork roast or pork chops too. I've made a similar recipe with pork products because my family is not real fond of pork but I can usually find good deals on it. I've even tried it with chicken breasts. I'm telling you, cream of mushroom soup can make anything taste great. And I don't even like mushrooms!

Niki Jolene said...

Yum! I love crockpot recipes.

:)