Wednesday, November 12

Prepare the Night Before.....


With Little Man in preschool now the kiddies and I have to be up and out of the house by 8:30 am....that's early for us!! We all get up at 7 or a little before to make sure we are out of the house and en route to school on time everyday. Little Man loves going everyday...and hates to be a minute late!!! LOL LOL Hopefully he feels the same way about being on time to school in the 2nd grade...LOL We shall see!!

I have found that anything we can do the night before to make the morning a little less hectic is a plus! There are several things the morning must include.....breakfast, teeth brushing, showering, getting dressed, etc. One thing we now leave out of our morning routine is ironing our outfits for the day. We iron what we plan to wear the next day the night before. We have been doing it this way since school has started and it has worked out great!! This eliminates a 1/2 hour task out of our mornings. Plus, the clothes are ironed much better as well...no rushing needed when ironing at night!!

Here is a picture of our outfits all pressed and ready for the morning!! Hubby are missing from the picture.......as he leaves a bit earlier than us, so he already had his clothes on...LOL LOL




Curious to see what works for others? Be sure to head over to Rocks In My Dryer and find out!!



2 comments:

Carey said...

Wow! Good for you! I own an iron, but I think the only thing it gets used for is setting perler bead crafts. I'm impressed! I use the "hang-it-up-as-soon-as-it's-out-of-the-dryer" technique.

Nikki said...

I use Carey's technique for ironing. I can't remember the last time I used it, but I think it was when I needed to press something I cross-stitched.

I try to get everything ready the night before when we have to be out early in the morning, too. It makes the morning so much less stressed, and I don't have to worry about forgetting something.