Wednesday, April 8

To Get The Sauce Out....


I owe this little trick or tip if you will to one of my fabulous sister in law's. She was over one day helping me (showing me, actually) how to make her famous homemade meatballs for one of Little Man's birthday parties. We made the meatballs, placed them in the pot, and then it was time to add the sauce....yes jarred sauce my friends!! LOL LOL


So she dumped the sauce into the big pot of meatballs then grabbed each nearly empty jar and added a little water to the jar. She then placed the lid on the jar gave it a good shake and then dumped the water/sauce mix into the pot. Walla....an almost perfectly cleaned out jar. And too think of all the times I was struggling with a spatula to get all the sauce out of the sauce jar!!





Just in case you too were looking for a better way to get all the sauce out cleanly!!

Lots more Works For Me Wednesday posts can been seen over at We are THAT Family.


2 comments:

Coco said...

I also do this trick, but sometimes add too much water and end up with soup or sauce that is too thin... :)

Niki Jolene said...

My mom did this with everything that came in a jar or bottle growing up!

:)