Wednesday, May 6

Brand Loyalty....Is It Worth It???

This week over at We are THAT Family it's a theme week . It's all about my best frugal or money saving tip. Well, I must admit I have TONS, if you can belive that!!! LOL LOL I have been racking my brain for a few days now trying to think of the best one?? It's very hard!!

But, today while at Playgroup another Mom asked me a question regarding different brands and their pricing. It came to me.....If your looking to save a bit of money, the best advice I can give is to try to be less brand loyal on grocery items.

I know how it is, your putting together a sandwich for your lunch and you reach for the mayonnaise. You swear it is the only mayo you will ever use!! This is normal, I too have several items that I believe taste just right, and I would never consider changing....after trying other brands of the same product that is....LOL LOL But, there must be several items that you'd be willing to try to experiment with other brands.

How will this save you money, you ask?? Very easily!! It's all about the store sales!! Almost each and every grocery store puts out a weekly circular with lots of sale items in it. Say for instance that this week Jiffy Peanut Butter is on sale for $1.88 a jar. And you are more of a Peter Pan kind of girl/guy. Peter Pan is not on sale this week, it's $3.79. Would you be willing to give Jiffy a try...it's almost half the price, that means you would get 2 jars for the price of 1!!! Now, Jiffy is sounding a little better, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong there are many items that I am very brand loyal about!! I have tried the competitors and I do not care for them as much. And I am fine with that. But thinking about all the other items I am not so brand loyal on and all the great sales I am able to take advantage of really saves me alot of money!! Grocery store sales are a cycle...you have a much better chance of scoring a great deal on a specific item, if you can buy whatever brand is one sale for that specific week.

Be sure to head on over to We are THAT Family for lots more great frugal/money saving tips!!

1 comment:

Sewing-Chick said...

It's funny you mentioned mayo because that's what popped into my mind when I read the beginning part of your blog. I'm also a loyal buyer of Heinz ketchup and Q-tip brand cotton swabs. The generics just won't do!