Wednesday, February 4

Asking For Recipies....

Did you ever attend a party or gathering and you tasted something that someone made and it was absolutely so delicious you wish you could make it yourself? Well this happens to me all the time! Years ago I would simply eat that delicious tasting item at the party then go home and dream about it. (Or at least think about it!!) LOL LOL

Then I started thinking....why didn't I just ask the for the recipe? Not necessarily at the party or gathering....but maybe afterwards. Why not, right? In fact it would be a compliment for the chef who made it, wouldn't it? I would be flattered if someone asked me the recipe for a dish or appetizer that I had made.

So over the years I have asked many, many times for great recipes I have tasted and liked....and guess what I must admit that most of my great dishes are from friends and family members recipes I have tried in the past. Yes, I may alter then a bit...or sometimes leave them as is. But at least I have then now to enjoy time and time again!!


Here is one of the many great recipies I have asked for over the years:



Bread Pudding


You Will Need:

A Loaf of Day Old French or Italian Bread (8-10 slices)
3 tablespoons of melted butter
1/2 cup raisins (can omit)
4 eggs (beaten)
2 cups cold milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Simply slice bread into 8-10 thick slices. Then cut each slice into smaller cubes. Place all bread cubes in a baking pan(square). Sprinkle with raisins.

In separate bowl beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar. Then pour this mixture over bread. With a fork make sure to push all bread into egg mixture so it coats it.

Bake for 40 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees.
Enjoy!!


Would you like to see what works for others...Head on over to Rocks In My Dryer to find out!!

1 comment:

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

Looks yummy!
I totally cracked up when you talked about dreaming of food you tasted at a party. I do that when I'm pregnant :)