Wednesday, February 11

Sharpie Will Remember!!

It happens to me all the time. I buy a bag of shredded cheese, use a little bit of it for a recipe and then toss the bag back into the fridge. Then the next time I am cooking and realize I need shredded cheese for the recipe I reach into the fridge and pull out all the bags of cheese that I have. Then I look at one of the bags and realize that it was already opened...and then I begin to try and remember when I opened it up. I try re-thinking about all the meals we have eaten in the last few days/nights and if cheese was used or not.


Well this was getting a bit of a pain for me. So now when I open up a bag of shredded cheese I grab my Sharpie and write the day I opened the bag on the front of the package. Now there is no more trying to remember, smelling it to see if it is still good...etc. It only takes a minute...and is well worth it!!



Here is a bag currently in my fridge. You can see the date on the left side of the bag.




Curious to see what works for others....head on over to Rocks In My Dryer to find out!!


2 comments:

Amy said...

How funny! This looks a lot like my tip for today!
I've never thought of using a sharpie to label open packages... great idea! :)

Anonymous said...

I always end up with a cheese collection in the fridge, this idea will be helpful. Thanks for sharing!