Tuesday, February 17

It's Written At The Top.....


I am a huge list writer...I have notepads everywhere...in my purse, in the kitchen cabinet, in my car......nothing would ever get done if it were not for all the lists I write. It helps keep me organized and helps me remember things wonderfully!! There is one area though where a list does me no good!

When it comes to writing down things needed at a store....I just had to find a better way!! I found that writing down what I plan to purchase that week on the weekly store circular is a much better, more organized fashion for me. I am a huge On Sale shopper....so for me I find it is easier to jot down at the top of each page the items I plan to purchase. This way the size of the product, variety on sale, and price are all right there if need be. If the Sale sign is absent from the store shelf location, no biggie. I have my circular right there with me to glance at.

Time and time again I have seen a shelf fully stocked in front of the Sale sign only to read the ounces on the bottle and it is different than the advertised size in the weekly ad. I have one to many times purchased the wrong sized product in the past. I am not a return fan...in the slightest! Plus, if they are out of an item....it is easy to show the courtesy desk associate the exact product and size you need a rain check for. No need for them to flip and search through the circular or computer themselves.

Here is the top of a page of my grocery circular.....


I also circle the item I plan to buy as well....this way making it quick and easy to spot when flipping through during my shopping trip.


And to keep all my coupon straight...I use a small binder clip and attach them to the front of my weekly store circular. This way there is no losing along the way...they are clipped on securely.



Curious to see what Works for Others this week....Head on over to Rocks In My Dryer to find out!!

3 comments:

Buffie said...

With a toddler sitting in the cart the circular is a little too large for me to flip through in the store. Instead when I write out my list I make sure that I note the sizes and sale prices. It's a little more work ahead of time, but it saves me time in the store. Just an idea for those that shop with small children.

Anonymous said...

I sure do love those lists :)

Miss Mommy said...

I am ever so grateful for the Car carts at our local grocery stores!!This allows me to take peeks at the circulars during my trips!! Little Mis is so excited to be driving....she forgets I am even there some times...lol