Wednesday, October 29

It's Been A Year!!!

It was my sister who suggested....well, actually begged me to start a blog a year ago. She thought it would be cool for us to blog together about this and that relating to our daily lives with the kiddies, deals we find from day to day...and anything we feel like chatting about. I have always been a "Deal Seeker" as you will. Thanks to no other than my Mom!! She always was very frugal whenever she could be....and showed us from a young age how to shop smart!!

I really do owe all I know to My Mom....Thanks Mom!! For everything you have taught me over the years!!! Just in case I have not told you already!! I can so precisely remember back in high school when I got my second job as a waitress. I was paid in tips plus an hourly rate of $2.15 an hour in the form of a check. I would get a paycheck bi-weekly. My mom thought it would be a marvelous idea to take my paychecks and half of my tips each time I worked and place them in a savings account in my name for safe keeping for the future.

I remember telling my co-workers, friends, etc. all about how I thought my Mom was so mean for making me do this over the years. I must admit now looking back I was making a good amount of money waitressing.....way more than than the $5.15 minimum wage my other friends were making at their high school jobs. And it took me until I moved out on my own many years later, to understand what my mom was really trying to teach me...Just how important and disciplined you have to be to save money!!!

After having kiddies I began to realize even more just how expensive living and raising a family can be in today's society. But, by saving, shopping smart, and using coupons.....We are doing it on just one income!!! It is possible to live a great life if you are willing to put a little work into it!! For me....it's just like a game....I love to see just how much I can save off of the regular price!! It's like a thrill...a rush!!! It's just an awesome feeling!!!

By starting and sticking with this blog over the past year...I have learned so very much!! I have learned that there are many others in the same shoes as we are. I just love to pass on deals and tips that I find in hopes that maybe someone can also usethat item at a great price too!! I also love to tell all about fun times our family has throughout the year as well. It's family that is the most important!! And remember it does not have to cost a lot to have a great family fun day together!!!

So here is a thanks to you for coming by over the past year, few months, or weeks....It's great to have you here!! And I appreciate your comments, thoughts, and tips you have left or will leave for me in the future!! I love to hear from readers...another thrill for me...LOL LOL

And here is to my sister.....Thanks to her for the push to get this blog rolling a year ago!! I miss not seeing you post daily like in the beginning...but I know you are reading and I love you!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally love your blog and I'm so thrilled to have met you at the library today! I'll look for you at CVS next time! LOL

Miss Mommy said...

Nice to meet you as well Jenn!! I'm sure I'll see you around!!

Southerner said...

Happy blogiversary! Love your blog and wish you many more years.

Meghan said...

Congrats on the blogiversary!
One year...how exciting!!!

WoW! Minimum wage was over $5 when you were in high school.
Yikes..it ws $3.35 when I got my 1st job back in the late 80's. LOL