Tuesday, November 11

Not Quite As Planned.....

So last week I received a new bedding set for our bed as a gift. As part of the bedding set I received a pair of Euro Shams. If you are not familiar...which I was not until I received the new set...LOL LOL Euro Shams are covers that go over Euro pillows. Euro Pillows measure a square 26 x 26. They help to add a little texture and size to the bed's set-up...My take on them, anyway?? LOL LOL

So I set up my bed...all but the Euro Sham part....as I do not have Euro pillows. So on a mission I went to find Euro pillows....at a great deal, of course!! LOL LOL I looked at Walmart & Target with no luck. I also ran into Bed, Bath & Beyond and they had them...but for $39.99 each!! WOW!! A bit too steep for 2 decorative pillows...I will never even sleep on!! I could of used two 20% off coupons...but still $ 32 x 2 for 2 pillows, no thanks.

So I turned my search online. After browsing many site I ended up finding Euro Pillows for a great price of $9.99 each at Sears. On their website there is an option to order online than pick-up in store to avoid shipping charges and having to trek around the store trying to find them. Sounded good to me....As Little Miss would agree as well!! She's not yet into shopping yet!! LOL LOL

So yesterday Little Miss and I headed over to Sears to pick-up my Euro pillows...I had received a conformation email from Sears stating they were all ready for pick-up. I was so excited......So I head into Sears, scan my printout, and wait...and wait...and wait. I thought it was funny how the computer screen overhead said that my order was already done...yet I was still waiting with nothing in hand. Hmmm...I should of known.

An associate came out and let me know that they could not locate my 2 Euro pillows. They were MIA. The associate offered to take me upstairs in the bedding department to see if we could find another Euro Pillow to my liking. Upstairs we went....only to find that they had not a one on the sales floor. So she called another associate for help, and another, and all came back with nothing in hand.

So after an hour of looking, searching, calling, waiting, and such another associate decided to see if they could re-order my pillows online and have them shipped to me with no shipping charges. I agreed so my pillows are now en' route to my home and should arrive in 7-10 business days.

I am not a regular Sears shopper....actually I cannot remember the last time I have visited. This was my first experience online with them, and probably the last. Yes, the associates were nice, and apologized, but they whole reason I decided to purchase the item online was to make the purchase easy and convenient. And I must say the trip today was far from convenient!! Little Miss was an angel, but I am sure she would of much rather of been running around playing for the hour we hung out in Sears......


Have you had a not-so-perfect experience in a store and have yet to return? Was there maybe something the associate could of done for you to make you happier whem you left the store?? I'd love to hear....I know I am not the first that this has happened to or the last...LOL


No comments: