Wednesday, November 19

Toss Them in the Washer!!!

It happens...the kiddies get a new pair of shoes, and the very first time they wear them they jump in a huge mud puddle....go figure right? Has happened many, many times to us!! I try my best to buy darker colored shoes and sneakers for the kiddies...but I am sure you can relate...sometimes they have bits and pieces of white on them. Plus, especially with Little Miss, she has many outfits that white sneakers are the only matching option!!

So I thought I just have to make the best out of the whole dirty shoes situation. So, now when either of the kiddies wear a pair of sneakers for the day, or even a few days or possibly a week, and they get very, very dirty, it's not a big deal anymore! I just "Shout" them real well, then toss them in the washing machine. Let me just tell you they come out good as new!! I make sure to set the washer to pre-wash to give them a little extra washing, then I just toss in a few other items that are of similar color that need to be washed, then I run the full load. I find that pre-washing first helps to eliminate any real bad stains, or caked on dirt. Plus, this way the dirt will not get on the rest of your clothing too.

I have been washing sneakers on the washer now for quite sometime....and it has been working out great!! A few people I have told that I do this grew a little concerned that machine washing may make the sneakers not last as long....but honestly my kiddies outgrow sneakers faster than I can keep up with....so I rather have clean ones for them to wear for the short amount of time they fit into them, than dirty too small sneakers at the bottom of the closet.

Pictured below are a pair of each of the kiddies shoes after a quick wash in the washer!! (Sorry, I forgot to take a before picture!)


Be sure to check out lots more Works For Me Wednesday's over at Rocks in My Dryer!!





3 comments:

Angie said...

Don't you just love "Shout"???? Zout works good too. :)

SkyLaur said...

oh man, i remember how your mom would make your $5 White Keds last forever by scrubbing them with bleach & lining them up on your back step & letting them dry in the sun. There would be NO tread left on the bottom of those shoes, but the canvas would be gleaming white....

Miss Mommy said...

Too funny you still remember that!! LOL LOL