Friday, March 27

I Was a Bit Skeptical......


Little Man attends preschool each day for a few hours. He is required to bring in a snack and drink each day for snack time. When he picked out his lunch bag at the beginning of the school year....none of the ones he liked had a thermos in them. This was my first lunch bag purchase ever...so I am not even sure if any lunch bag sold these days included a thermos or reusable drink container. Am I showing my age or what?? All I have to say is Plastic lunchboxes rocked....way back then anyway!!!

So I usually mix up his drinks for the week....water a few days, and a juice box a couple of the days as well. I do not ever send in milk as there is no refrigeration.......and I'd hate for it to spoil!! As I grabbed a juice box out of the fridge 2 nights ago to pack his snack...I noticed we were running a bit low on them.....I usually stock up when I can find a great sale on them (Which has been a little while)!!

This week ShopRite has new Apple & Eve Fruitables juice boxes on sale for $2.99 (8 pack). There was a $1.00/1 manufactures coupon in the 3/1 SmartSource insert. I had 3 coupons so I decided to purchase 3 packs of them at ShopRite earlier this week for just $1.99 a pack after coupons.

I was a bit skeptical....as Little Man loves juice, but Fruitables are made with a 100% juice blend that’s packed with fruits and vegetables. I was unsure as to whether his taste buds would care for the flavor or not....... I am a 100% juice only kind of buying Mom (No Kool Aid packs here)....but vegetable juice mixed in kind of made me wonder a bit??

So I picked him up from school yesterday, and guess what he told me as soon as I asked him "How was your day?" He said "Mom, that new juice in my lunch bag today was great"!! Yippee, I thought!! Then........
he proceeded to tell me his little friend sitting next to him had the same kind of juice box as him....just a different flavor!! Not sure if his little friend having one made him like it even more....but we just got done packing his snack for tomorrow, and he was excited to see that I was placing another Fruitables in there!!!

Just in case you were contemplating the Fruitables purchase.....it was kid passed here...with 2 thumbs up!!