Wednesday, March 25

Seriously, Who Would Want This Thing?

That is what I had been telling myself for almost 3 and a half years. You see we had moved into our current home then and the nice gentleman that sold us the place left us a few of his unwanted items behind for us to have........generous of him you say??


Where do I begin, the list a bit long.......
Big old wooden birdhouses scattered throughout the backyard
Patio pavers everywhere they should not be
Miscellaneous wooden rotted outdoor furniture
An old heater in the crawlspace(how they got it in there is beyond me?)
Oh and my favorite item, this...take a look at this beauty:


I have been calling it a BIG, heavy, cement rolly thing for the past 3 1/2 years...it's actual name...I haven't a clue!!

If I did not even know the name of it, along with about the 40 or so people I have asked over the years.....who would ever want it? It was just way too heavy for the trash men to take it....pick it up, that is!! What to do with it. It sat,

and sat,

and sat.......behind our shed for all this time, unused, and ugly...until.........

I decided it was time to try and part ways with this fella! I put a post up about 2 weeks ago on Craiglsist...in the FREE section, of course! And in fact, if they had a I'll pay you to take it Section....I would of gladly paid anyone to take it out of here!! LOL LOL

So just last week...a nice fella emailed me and said he could use this BIG, heavy,cemet, rolly, thingy and would love to come by and pick it up that day!! Yippee!! I must tell you I was doing the Happy dance!!

He came taht day, and took it away....he was happy to have it, and I was so very happy to see it go...far....far......far away!!!

So just in case you have a heavy cement rolly thing in your backyard, or something similar to it...here is the motivation you may need to list it on Craigslist.......there just may be someone who would love to have it...even if you do not know's it's name!!

Curious to see what Works for others? Be sure to head over to We are THAT Family and find out!!

8 comments:

SkyLaur said...

Uh, so what was it anyway? Did you ever find out???

Miss Mommy said...

It is still nameless....the nice man who took it away said it was used to flatten down an area of dirt...to perhaps pave with cement or asphalt.

Tiffany said...

It looks like something that a person would attach to a mule or something! Good for you for getting rid of it! I love craigslist. I just listed a bunch of stuff hanging around my house. Thankfully, I don't have anything that large. :)

(visiting from WFMW!)

AmyK said...

Oh my gosh, CRAIGSLIST! Of COURSE! Maybe I can get rid of this whale skull in our front yard from the last person who lived here. He didn't want to take it with him (I suspect his new wife wouldn't let him?), so he left it. We don't want it, either.

Mo said...

LoL...I'm curious - did you list it as a "big, heavy cement, rolling thingy" (handlebar included)?!

Good for you on relocating it; great WFMW, BTW!

Have a fabulous week ahead!

Jenny said...

LOL! That is funny! The previous owners of our house left us some strange things as well. However, it was just stuff that they didn't want or feel like throwing away:
broken lamps, old paint, rusted metal shelves, etc.

Niki Jolene said...

That is pretty funny. When we bought our current house several years back we found lots of crud left behin in the 3 sheds (yes, 3!) on our property not to mention all the stuff they buried in the yard. I had no idea people buried things they had no idea how to dispose of. Very crafty....

I listed bunches of it (even crumbly old bricks and cinder blocks) and people from Craigslist couldnt wait to get it. I found that even old metal unidentified objects will go because they can be scrapped for money. Who knew?

:)

Anonymous said...

That heavy rolly thing is a "Lawn Roller" used after seeding your lawn.