Thursday, January 31

Ebay...Are You A Seller???

Well..to answer my own question, since I know you are dying to know...lol...No, I am not an Ebay Seller, anymore that is....I use to sell on Ebay back in the day (about 4 years ago) before Ebay got soooo complicated! At least for me anyway. I used to sell things around the house or things family/friends gave me to sell, or things I bought cheap enough to re-sell. I really enjoyed it...while it lasted anyway....then the rules started getting tighter, profits were getting slimmer, and the buyers were getting stranger...lol Plus, the ebay fees were always rising, rising, rising....not to mention the USPS rates were always going up too!! Then I discovered Craigslist...Ahh...Craigslist...I love it!! I have really met some wonderful people through craigslist...that is a whole other story...lol!!

Anyway, today I get this messgae from Ebay stating that the Feedback system is changing and Fees are being reduced...WOW!!! Apperantly Ebay is feeling the competition!! It's about time!! Competion is great for us buyers...more deals, you know how it is!! Anyway the details are below....Interesting, Hey?? Seems like they are once again hurting the sellers??? But, why...without the sellers where would ebay be??

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:

1. Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.

2. Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.

3. Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item Process (UPI).

4. Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.

5. Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:* Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback* Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days

No comments: