Thursday, October 23

Crustless Bread....

Thrifty Jinxy

A few weeks ago as part of a Bzz Agent campaign I was sent a coupon to try out a 4-pack of Smuckers Uncrustables. Both of my kiddies are HUGE fans of Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches...so I was excited when I was invited to try a 4-pack of them out for free.


Little Man is not a fan of crust on bread at all. Little Miss is still not old enough to know about the "no crust" phase yet...LOL LOL So for three days in a row...guess what Little Man ate for lunch....yup...an Uncrustable!! The first one he sat down to eat...his eye lit up and he smiled....."No crust" he said?? "Wow these are cool"!!! Well needless to say the 4-pack was gone in 3 days...Little Miss did manage to get one...and she loved it too!!

So the following week while out shopping I took a glance at the freezer section to see just how much Uncrustables cost. At ShopRite they sell a 4-pack for $2.89. Walmart only sells 10-pack for just a hair under $5.00. These prices are for the PB&J Uncrustables, the Grilled Cheese one are a bit more expensive!! As part of the campaign I also received a few .75/1 coupons to use for future purchases. At ShopRite that would double to $1.00 off....but $1.89 for 4 PB&J sandwiches is still a bit steep in my book!!

So I thought...how about we make our own!!! I picked up a few cookies cutter shapes...plastic so Little Man could get in on the fun too!! Here are a few of them:


We just take 2 pieces of bread smear on the Peanut Butter & Jelly , then smack the two slices together and use the cookies cutters to cut out fun shapes. Of course, we avoid the crust at all costs!! LOL LOL

Only 2 made it to the picture....Little Miss grabbed the other 2 when I went to get the camera!!


Just a fun, kid-friendly, lunch we can make together...and cheaply too!!
Mmmm!!

Lots more Thrifty Thursday posts here.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Lucky duck on getting in on that campaign. I got offered a Whirlpool Fabric thingie for the low price of $89.95. Yay! I was like um no!

I totally just made Cheekers a PB&J with a ghost cookie cutter last week. I used pretzels for the eyes & mouth.
Forgot to take a pic tho.

mom_of2boys said...

I'm with you on the Smucker's Uncrustables. I've only bought them when I can get them really cheap or free.

We make ours with the Pampered Chef Cut 'n Seal. I'll have to try cookie cutters.

Angie said...

I got offered the Whirpool thing too...ugh!

Anyway, the crust is what my son loves the best!! Funny kid!!

Jinxy and Me said...

That's a great idea. I haven't got any good BZZAgent campaigns lately either. You're lucky!