Wednesday, October 22

My Awesome Claws.....

A few years back....okay maybe like 6.5 years back hubby and I had just gotten our first home with a yard to take of. We moved in from a condo with not a single yard tool in our possession. So we were young, did not have a lot of money so it was not unusual for us to hit up the dollar store on occasion for needed items for our new home. Maybe a hand trowel, yard bags, flower seeds, yard gloves, etc.

On one trip of the many we took over the first year in our new home....we found these:


What are they you ask?? I call them our yard claws. The real name....I am really not sure. They have no name imprinted on them anywhere. What do we use them for?? They are so wonderful to use when we rake up piles of leaves, sticks, acorns, etc in the yard. All you do is y place your hand threw the straps to attach them to your hands and scoop up whatever you have in your yard debris pile at the time to make an easy trip to the trash can without a mess. They are perfect for easy, hassle free clean-up!!

I must admit I think this is the only dollar store item we still have from the early years...and I am so glad they are still with us!! They really do make yard clean-up a lot easier for us. I have never, ever seen another pair of these in any other dollar store since them....I have looked time and time again as have people I have rant and raved about these too!!

But just in case you happen to see them in a store near you....And are thinking should I buy these?? Will I use them?? Yes, buy them!! Yes, you will use them!!!

Be sure to check out lots more Works For Me Wednesday's here!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a whole WFMW on the Dollar Store a couple weeks ago. I adore that store, for treasures just like these! I'll make sure to look for them the next time I'm there.

Blessings, Whitney

Anonymous said...

omg I bought yellow ones a long time ago and people made fun of me when they saw them hanging up in my garage. Only in the fall did people not laugh at me. haha. Whose laughing now?