Friday, October 17

Non-Frugality's....

That right....I confess we have a few non-frugality's....my family and I!! No, we are not talking about any lavish vacations to Europe or anything......(Man, that would be nice though) just regular everyday things that may not sound like the frugalist things to do or use...but what we feel are a perfect fit for our family!! Here are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head today.....

Bottled Water- Yes, I buy it, and we drink it...lots of it!!! Waste of money you say?? Not to us...you see hubby takes one to work everyday for lunch, eliminating the need to hit up the soda machine daily at work!! (Good for both his wallet and his health!!) I also take a bottle with me whenever I leave the house. It is bound to happen....you are out running errands and you get thirsty. So instead of spending $1.50 on a fountain soda at Target...I have my water bottle with me.

I always buy cases water on sale only!! Or I pick up a case of 30 bottles at Sam's Club for just a bit over $4.00. Yes, we are putting out a few dollars a month for water...but for us it works and is well worth it!!

When at home we of course do not use the bottled water...we use the filtered water from our refrigerator. We go thru about a case of bottled water every two weeks..maybe 3 cases a month in the HOT summer months!

Salon- Yes, I make my visit to the salon every 10-12 weeks, faithfully!! Hubby gave me the green light to go after I had Little Man years back...and I have not stopped going since!! Yes, I could highlight my hair myself...and perhaps just go for the haircut...but would hubby want to been seen in public with me then?? LOL LOL

I found an awesome hair stylist, at a local Hair Cuttery...I spend about $65 including tip for the highlights, cut, and tip. To me it is my reward...my relaxation time. My time to be taken care of and pampered!! And I just love sitting back, reading a few magazines, and chit chat about girly things!!! It is the one thing I do for myself and really enjoy it!!

Eating Out- It's natural for most people to want to be able to head for a delicious family meal that is cooked for you while you catch up on family bonding time. Yes, dining out with the family can get quite expensive...but this is the way we make it work for us.

We do not eat out alot....but we do eat out enough!! We almost always eat out with some kind of coupon, restaurant special, kids eat free night, etc. This makes it much more affordable and still tastes just as good! LOL LOL Our kiddies also almost always share a kids meal....Little Man eats like a bird, so we can do it this way. Soon though I think Little Miss will be out eating him....Uh Oh!!

Great places to find coupons for resturants are in local newspapers, Clipper Magazines, Grand Opening Specials, purchase an Entertainment book for your area, Purchase restaurant certificates from here....and also check out rewards programs. Sometimes restaurant coupons even come in our mailbox!! Just always be on the lookout!! Also maybe eating lunch out will work for you and your family...or maybe breakfast?? These may be cheaper than dinner too!!

Well these are a few of things that may not sound like the frugalist things to do....but we have altered them in a way that makes them fit just perfectly into our budget and fill our needs as well!!

Do you have any Non-Frugality's you would like to share?? C'mon....let me in on your little secret!! I promise I won't tell!! LOL LOL




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am local to your area, and am interested in which hair cuttery you goto..I currently goto a salon and it is so expensive!!
Let me know if it's okay if I send you an email and you can reply with where you go and which stylist you goto..
Thanks!!

Miss Mommy said...

Yes Jenn...email me...I love her and she does an awesome job!!