Tuesday, October 21

Someone Has To Do It!!!


Cleaning the Bathroom!!! So it's definitely not a job I love to do...but unfortunately it's a job that has to be done once a week. I keep trying to find someone who would like to take this lovely job over for me (for free, of course!!)...but I have yet to get any volunteers. So I make the best of it....and just do it!!
A few weeks ago when 5 Minutes For Mom announced the CLR Tackle...I was excited to sign up!! I thought it may be fun to not only try out a new bathroom cleaner...but also take part in a tackle that I know every household everywhere takes part in!!

So my box arrived about 2 Saturdays ago....hubby thought it was quite strange when I opened it up in front of him!! I quickly explained...and he just giggled!! I have never before used CLR to clean my bathroom before. This would be a first. I am a big time user of Clorox bleach, wipes, and Windex for my bathroom. So I was interested to see how I would like CLR.


Here are some before shots of our tub:






So onto this past Saturday(after not cleaning my bathroom for about 11 days...longer than the norm to see how well CLR works!!)....I pulled out the CLR...sprayed it all over the tub, tile, and fixtures. I then left the bathroom to let it sit a few minutes....I came back in a few minutes later and started scrubbing a few of the tough spots. I must admit...after a few seconds in the bathroom with the CLR....I was feeling a bit dizzy. The fumes were so strong...very overpowering!!! I even had the bathroom fan on and the window opened. It really stunk!!!!

After scrubbing I then rinsed thoroughly with water. I will say I was a bit impressed at the great job that CLR did on my tub!! The few mildew spots that were on the gout prior to starting...disappeared in no time!! The water marks on the fixtures were long gone as well!! No scrubbing required!! The soap scum on the sides of the bathtub after some serious scrubbing were no longer there either!!





I will say that CLR did do a great job on my bathroom...as far as purchasing it in the future...maybe if the price is right and there is a coupon for it!! I may just be a girl stuck in her old ways...but I love my Clorox!! The smell really was a big turn-off for me!! I made sure to keep the kiddies of the bathroom for at least an hour after I had finished cleaning it!! A bit long I think for the smell to die down!!


Lots more CLR Tackles can be seen over at 5 Minutes For Mom!!


1 comment:

Gina said...

The smell was pretty yucky, yea? Good job on the bathroom. It's the worst isn't it!