Thursday, October 30

I Have A Question???

Hubby bought me a nice pair of earrings about 3 weeks ago for our Wedding Anniversary. Since they have been in my ear for 3 weeks now, I figure that they are about due to be clean soon. So here is my question.....what do I use to clean them?? I know back in the day when I wore my wedding ring (I have since then found out I am allergic to gold...that would explain all the redness and bumps on my fingers for years!!) I used to place it in a jewelry solution that the jeweler had given us with the purchase. Do they still sell the tubs with solution in it...or is there a better way to clean nice jewelry??

Thanks for any help!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a tub of cleaner I think I got at WalMart. Look in the metal cleaners section of the household cleaners aisle, as well as the jewelry section. Mine works great and even has a little basket to lover small items into the tub so they can be easily retrieved. It has a little brush too!

Mine's in a little red tub, but I seem to remember there being a silver tub too, different solutions for different metals.

Meghan said...

My mom said the jeweler told her they clean all jewelry in Mr. Clean.

Jackie B. said...

It all depends what metal they are but a good cheap cleaner that I use is toothpaste.Use the white kind, not the gel. I clean all my rings with a little toothpaste on an old toothbrush. Another tip for earrings is hydrogen peroxide.I usually soak the earring backs for about ten minutes and dip the posts in a capful of it. It is cheap and I feel like it does a really good job because of all the bubbling it does!