Monday, October 13

My Trip to a Super Walmart.....


Recently a new Super Walmart opened up by us about 45 minutes away. This is the first one I know of that is not to far from where we live. I have been so curious to go and check it out.....as I have always heard such great things about them. I would never make a special trip.....but yesterday we attended a birthday party right near the new Super Walmart...so we decided to pop on in and check it out.

I have been to a Super Walmart once before, a while back in South Carolina.....just browsed around briefly...as we were on vacation....not much time for Walmart shopping...LOL LOL Man...let me just tell you how big it is!!!! WOW!! We were in there yesterday for almost 2 hours!! It is just so big...it's a bit overwhelming!! Granted this was our first time there...so maybe if we were to shop regularly there it would be less for us to see.

I did like the idea that you could get your Walmart shopping and well as your grocery shopping done too...all in one trip!! A great time saver! I found many items I purchase at a regular Walmart are a bit cheaper at a Super Walmart. Not everything...but many things!! I also noticed that at a Super Walmart there are many items in bigger sized packages..almost like shopping at Sam's Club. For example Little Man likes Eggo waffles. I usually pay just a little under $2.00 for 12 waffles at a regular Walmart...at the Super Walmart you get the same Eggo waffles except the size is larger at 24 waffles in a box and you pay just $3.00!! A way better deal!!

Again with everything....you must know your prices!! I found that since this particular Super Walmart only carries Lehigh Valley Milk, and not store brand....it was $3.79 for a gallon of 2%. I can get a gallon of 2% milk at Wegman's for $3.29, at Shop Rite for $3.49, and at Aldi's for $2.99 a gallon. So I passed up on the milk yesterday. Going through 5-6 gallons of milk a week here in our home.....that extra 80 Cents or so adds up quickly!!!


I got several things I found to be at great prices....especially when combining manufactures coupons with some very low prices!! I walked out spending just $35...for a few bags of groceries.....(Sorry no pictures....I forgot to take them last night!)

Well until next time Super Walmart....make sure to save me some deals for next time!!

Are you lucky enough to have a Super Walmart in your area? Are you a regular shopper there?? I'd love to know!!



2 comments:

Mommy Managing said...

I have at LEAST six SuperWalmart's in my area--you have been so deprived!! Funny though, it used to be my one-stop shopping destination. Now that I'm a serious couponer, it's the last place on my list! I still go pretty often, though.

Anonymous said...

we have a super wm, but it's one of the first ones, and not nearly as nice or big as the newer stores. they keep it clean and updated, but i've been in a new super wm, and it makes ours look like a convenience store compared to a mall! lol

i do most of the grocery shopping at our super wm, but i get anything i can from walgreens or cvs first.