Wednesday, October 8

Party Planning Made Easier...

Are you big into entertaining? Does throwing birthday parties or having a big holiday get-to-gethers sound familiar to you. I love to entertain!! It is always so much fun to have friends and family over to enjoy delicious food, make lasting memories, all while having fun!! But is the planning of having a large party a little overwhelming to you? Does it feel like you are organized in everything you do...except when it comes to party planning? Well...I will show you how I have made party planning for me very simple and organized!!!

Whenever I plan to have a party I simply grab a notebook.....any regular old notebook and start jotting things down. I usually do this well before the invitations even go out.

On the first page I usually write down a guest list...this way I have a round about idea of just how big of a party I plan on throwing. It also gives me an idea of the food needed for the party as well!!
On the second page I write down a menu plan. The appetizers I plan to serve, the main dishes I plan to make, and lets not forget the yummy desserts as well. LOL LOL


On the third page I jot down the beverages or drinks I will serve....being sure to cater to all the guests both grown and little!! LOL LOL

The fourth page I dedicate to my Shopping list.....I break down each appetizer, main dish item, and dessert and make a list for each store I plan to visit and what ingredients I will need to buy there.

The fifth page is a catch all page....maybe I need to buy decorations, jot down a new recipe I am trying out for the first time, need to remember to borrow a couple chairs, a table perhaps from a family or friend....etc.


The last page I devote to games, or things to do during the party....this page is mostly for the kiddies parties....but you could certainly use it for adult parties as well...perhaps you are holding a game night? Or poker night, or a Halloween Party??

I have found that by creating a book with all this information has really helped me stay very organized leading all the way up to the party. Everything party related is all in one place and very easy to reference when I need to. Trust me when I tell you it has helped me organize and have stress-free parties for many years now!! Not only do I get to host the party....but I get to have a great time as well!!


Lots more WFMW posts here!!


2 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

These are very helpful tips. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

That's how I do it too! I agree, so good to have everything in one place!

I go one step further and do a timeline for the days coming up and day of! That way I get as much done in advance as I can (chopping, decorating, food prep) and then on the day I have my cooking times and tasks written out to coincide with guest arrival / serving times!

Just call me Anal Annie! :P