Thursday, September 25

Recipe Disasters....

Do you ever have any of these....I am hoping I am not alone!! LOL LOL Did you ever get so excited that you found a new recipe in a book or magazine and the picture looked so delicious...you just had to make it? Well, I have to tell you this happens to me quite a bit!! I am always up for trying a new recipe out...something new to add to the dinner rotation is always a good thing!!

So a few weeks ago I received the new Kraft magazine in the mail and while browsing through I saw 2 dinner meals that looked like they would be easy and yummy to try. The first one I tried was the Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing. It looked very good in the picture...as it did when I took the one I made out of the oven....the problem was in the flavor....or lack there of. It was lacking flavor....and let me tell you baked pork chops are not very tasty...and are a bit chewy as well!! I was a bit bummed.....and we ended up eating grilled cheese for dinner that night.

A few night later...I tried another first-time for me recipe. This time it was the Chicken Bruschetta Bake......also from the Kraft magazine. The entree' also looked very good when I took it out of the oven as in the picture in the magazine...the problem here was it was very dry!!!! Like the recipe was missing some sauce or something, needed a bit of moisture. Once again for dinner that night we ate egg sandwiches. Another recipe trial that was a bust!!

This was the Bruchetts Bake going into the oven.


I do love to try new recipes...but do you ever feel like you are not only wasting your ingredients, but also your time and energy?? I guess how would I know it would not be good unless I tried, right?? I always make sure to read the reviews....but that is even difficult to go by...as people give the recipe a4.5 stars and took out a few ingredients and added in a few others to alter the recipe........One lesson I did learn for these two recipes disasters...was that I will not cook with stuffing unless it is part of Thanksgiving dinner ever again!! LOL LOL


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

You just won the Autumn Aroma giveaway at my blog, Fishbowl Sense! I'm sending you an email. Please respond within 24 hours to claim your surprise package and let me know your size so I an get making that apron!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, and I will also be subscribing to your blog and adding you to my links page!

Meghan said...

Thanks for the critique of the Pork recipe from the mag.
I almost made it the other night but didn't have stuffing so we just had shake & bake.

Hmm...now I wonder if I should bother making it??