Sunday, March 2

The Princess's Party......


It was early yesterday morning....around 7 to be exact...and our son stormed into our bedroom in complete excitement....Why, you ask?? It was his sister's 1st birthday party yesterday!! He had been waiting all week for this day....Trust me...lol He had already helped prep the party bags, fill the Easter eggs, pick-up the party balloons, shop for the decorations, and pick out the birthday cake design. He was sooo ready to party!!

I actually think my daughter would of rather slept, instead of partying.....as you can tell in the photo.....she hated the princess tiara, thinks stocking stink...(can you blame her), really does not like the pretty dress as jeans are more her style...... BUT, she made it through....a whole party on just a 40 minute nap...I am one proud Mama!!

So, it was her first birthday party so unlike with my son, I decided to buy her a cake of her own to eat by herself....as I have seen at a few parties I have attended that is the 1st birthday ritual. (just found this out...I guess 4 years too late for my sons sake...lol) So, off with her pretty tiara, dress, sash, sweater...and on with a bib....bracing for the worst, of course! She was not a fan of the whole idea.....she just looked around at everyone like we were all NuTs!! Which we are on occasion...lol Not quite understanding why all of these people were screaming......"Dig In", "Take a Bite", "Lick it".......She stuck her finger in one time and then looked at me to wipe it OFF!! That was it...she said Mama, and reached her arms for me to hold her....No cake for her!! It was kind of funny.....at both my nephews and nieces party in the past two months...they both tore up their cakes!! Well, I guess she was looking out for her Mama...less clean-up for me!!

It was a great time.....it's kind of sad that it is all over now....a whole year has already past...exciting to see what the next year will bring.....and happy to hold on to the memories we have all made!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I leave a glowing seahorse at your house???

Meghan said...

she looks adorable in her tiara!!!!

Miss Mommy said...

Hey Laur....

No...sorry!!