Thursday, August 7

What to do With The Empties???

I am a huge fan of refilling our ink cartridges....as I have had much success with Walgreen's for this. I especially LOVE the Free refills they occasionally offer!!! They also have specials for 50% off ink refills too on occasion. But after a few refills....it's time for a fresh one!!

We just purchased a new ink cartridge for our printer the other day and got around to opening up the box tonight to install it. As I was opening the box a paper fell out and to the floor it dropped. I opened it up....and guess what it was??? A little prepaid envelope to mail back my empty ink cartridge to HP for recycling.



You also may want to check out Staples.....they also recycle ink cartridges as well. You get $3 in rewards per cartridge for recycling...... and will get paid at the end of each quarter as long as you earn $10 per quarter. Otherwise your amount will roll over to the next quarter. You must be a Staples Rewards member to participate in their program, if not a member you can sign up here Free!!

Staples program also offers 10% back in rewards on ink and toner, case and ream paper, and Copy & Print Center purchases as well.


Know of any other ink cartridge recycling programs??

2 comments:

Angie said...

I've been impressed with Walgreens refills as well. Thay are so cheap and seem to last FOREVER! :)

Anonymous said...

Office Depot takes them back and you get $3.00 for each cartridge that you return. I wait until I get a few and I stock up on toilet tissue there. Yup! Free toilet tissue from Office Depot!