Wednesday, July 30

You Must Be On Your Toes!!!

Well I headed to ShopRite today for our weekly trip....and as always I had a ton of coupons I had handed to the cashier prior to ringing up my order. Most weeks I have well over 10 coupons!! With the 2 kiddies in toe sometimes it is a bit hard to stare at the computer monitor when the cashier is taking off the coupons at the end of the order. And I was so very tired of trying to remember just how many coupons I had to be taken off. So I started writing the number of coupons I am using on the shopping trip on the front of my circular with a circle around it. This way at the end of my receipt I can just count the # of coupons and realize right away if any were not scanned!!! For me this way seems to work!!
Today while at ShopRite, I had 15 coupons I was using for this weeks order. I payed, received my receipt, grabbed my bags, and left the checkout station. I pulled over to the side before the exit of the store and counted the # of coupons taken off.....guess what...1 was missed!! And a $2.00 off one at that!!!


So I proceeded back to the register to ask the cashier that had rang me up where the $2.00 off coupon was on my receipt?? She handed me the coupon back and said go to customer service for a refund!! She did not even look over the receipt or anything!!

It kind of stinks that I have to double check that all my coupons were taken off correctly each and every week. But, unfortunately I must because it happens almost every other week it seems!! Whether it is missed scanned coupons, items of the incorrect size on the end cap with a sale sign for the the smaller sized product, not having items in-stock that are on sale, and making sure they do not bag my dryer sheets with my bakery items...(YUCK!! It has happened many times!!! Nothing worse that a dryer sheet tasting roll!!!!) You must be on your toes and pay attention while at the grocery store...or else you may be paying too much and not even notice!!


2 comments:

Angie said...

I know how you feel. It's hard when the kids are in tow. :) I like the idea of writing the # of coupons used!

Way to go!!!!!!!!

mommagurl32 said...

I had to do the same yesterday. I was at Walmart (you know, in line with 50 people behind me) and I had to watch her with each coupon to make sure the got them. I thought she may have skipped one so I asked her to check them. The people in line behind me were giving me te evil eye but I was gonna get my $1 off!!!