Friday, April 18

The Best Kiddies Plastic Tableware......

I remember when my son was first born and I had received so many baby forks, spoons, bowls, plates, and cups at my baby shower. Not to mention the free ones the baby food companies sent me as well. They were all great...and my little guy used them all for about the first 18 months or so and then he just got bigger........He could now eat a bit more, and it was time to move on up to the next size in tableware. Yes, he had graduated to toddlerware!!! lol lol

I decided that the hard plastic baby sets we had used in the past few months were just not holding up very well in the dishwasher and were starting to crack a very tiny bit in certain spots. We needed something a little more dishwasher tolerable, and very kiddie safe...as my little man now discovered he loved to eat outside on the front porch!!

So one day while at Ikea, I noticed they had plastic cups (6 in a pack), silverware sets (mixed with spoons, forks, and knives), and they also had plastic bowls as well. Hubby and I decided to give them a try...they were very colorful, seemed very sturdy, and they were cheap enough!! For the bowls, silverware, and cups it was well under $10. Plus, my son seemed to love carrying the cups around Ikea......

Well, guess what we still have a few of the originals to this day.....yes, we have lost a few forks, a knife or two, and only have 4 bowls left, but they held up very well!! In fact since we were running low on forks we went back to Ikea just recently to re-purchase some more of everything!! I know my daughter has been eyeing up those colorful forks her brother has been eating with...and it is only a matter of time until she can have a try at them too!!! She will be so excited, let me just tell you!!!

So, bottom line, if you are in the search for toddlerware....give Ikea a try...if nothing else they will definitely add color to your dinner table!!!!


2 comments:

Meghan said...

Now I have an excuse to visit Ikea!!! Just last night I had to throw out my son's Dora the Explorer plate that I got a garage sale for .25cents. It has seen better days!

Thanks for the tip!

Miss Mommy said...

Meghan wait to see how much fun your son has there...it's so totally kid-friendly!!!