Wednesday, May 14

Kraft Bagel Fuls.......We tried them!

About 3 weeks ago in the Sunday coupon inserts there was a coupon for $1.00 off a package of New Kraft Bagel Fuls. So I waited until they went on sale...which they did 2 for $4...and I purchased a box for just $1 to give them a try! We are a bagel lovin' family let me just tell you!! I purchased the Whole Grain Bagel Fuls with Regular cream cheese (Philadelphia brand). They are supposed to make breakfast fast and for under 200 calories and less than 6grams of fat! We just had to try them out!! Fast and better for you...reeled me in...I must admit!!

On a busy weekend morning as we were heading out the door, I had mentioned the Bagel Fuls for breakfast that I had purchased , so we decided to give them a try. I took the box out of the fridge...opened it up to find 4 nice sized (2.5 oz.) Bagel Fuls.... each pre-wrapped. They looked very fresh and scrumptious!! I opened up 3 out of 4 and popped 1 of them into the microwave as stated on the box, and left the other two un-heated...as the box states you can eat this way as well....as long as you had them in the refrigerator. You may also store them in the freezer for longer use if you'd like too. It also says that you can toast them in the toaster oven (probably the optimal way)...but we are lacking one of those!!


Upon first bite, the bagel seemed a bit chewy.....the bagel was plum filled with cream cheese from one side to the other...but it just tasted a little funny to me. Not as creamy as regular cream cheese does out of the container or brick. My Little Man...was a bit excited about the cool new bagel...but upon taking his first BIG bite he said "This tastes yucky Mom". I would have to agree with him 100%!! We were all thinking that it would taste like a regular bagel...however it does not at all.


I suppose we should of expected a little different taste than a regular bagel with cream cheese being that it was pre-made...but with a name like Bagel Fuls...can you blame us?? All I have to say is good thing I only used one of my 5 coupons and purchased only 1 box. I will be passing on the rest of my coupons along with the extra Bagel ful in my fridge to someone else. Yes, Bagel Fuls are a convenient on-the-go breakfast option.....but we will be more than happy to spend the extra 5 minutes heating up a regular bagel and spreading on some cream cheese ourselves!!! It is well worth the taste we have grown to love !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to toast Bagelfuls. Wyen you do they are very crispy and good and the cream cheese is creamy and good. Don't microwave them.

Anonymous said...

No, the best way to eat them is to toast them for about 30-45 seconds and then heat them in the microwave for about 15-20, the toaster makes them crispy and then the mircowave will melt the cream cheese. I am not very found of the regular ones but LOVE the cinnamon ones.